Monday, December 17, 2007

How is "cute" not good?

My son is the most adorable creature on the face of the planet-in my mind, anyway! He is a true musician at the tender age of two, with a repertoire of probably 20-30 songs! He started singing before he ever started talking, and this is corroborated by our family friends, its not just our wishful thinking as parents. His first song was "Lullaby" and now he is busy learning various Thomas the Train songs as well as some good ol' Matchbox Twenty. Anyway, the other day Owen was in the back seat singing at the top of his lungs, "Hey now, you're an allstar, get your game on, go play..." I started cracking up and said, "Owen, you are so cute!" He immediately frowned at me and said very decisively, "No mommy! I not cute. I siwwy! (He says "w's" for "l's") I said, "What?"-as most parents do when they want their toddlers to repeat something cute, and he banged his hands on his lap and said it again. "I not cute! I siwwy!" Well...I think that's pretty cute!

No comments: