Thursday, July 17, 2008

Pomp & Circumstance

My daughter, at the tender age of six, has now accomplished an extraordinary feat...she has graduated from Kindergarten!

Okay, that's a bit of an overstatement! Its kindergarten after all! But we were quite proud. There was a little graduation ceremony and a big presentation of songs. Jenna was smack in the middle of the crowd and quite an entertainer. They must have sung 10-15 songs ranging from the hilarious "A-Tooty-Tat," booty shaking and all, to "What a Wonderful World." That one was precious and brought tears to my eyes. They are all so sweet and pure, untouched by the world as of yet, and they really do believe that the world is a wonderful place. Oh so tender is the age of six.

Its hard to believe that I'm the mother of a school-aged child. Our first year pretty much went off without a hitch and Jenna has herself a new bosom-buddy out of the deal!

Well, that's it.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hurray! Donia I love that you are blogging now! I can't wait to read more.

Dara Wills said...

Jenna looks so grown-up here! I'm so glad you're blogging now!